Welcome to my simple life

A great weekend…

on May 20, 2013

As I already told you, I was alone this weekend, but I didn’t work on my garden as I was supposed though…It was a wonderful weekend anyway. The temperature was perfect so I spend almost all of my time outside.

Saturday, after I finished my working at the barn, I did a little nap with my fat baby.

After that we went for a little ride that finally lasted about an hour and a half. Dyvel was pretty calm and everything went well.

I was so tired after this long day outside that I went to bed early. Sunday morning, the dogs woke me up at 8h30. I did myself some nom nom crepes with strawberries, raspberries and maple syrup. And of course, a good coffee. It was delicious and such a good way to start the day. 
After that and a little time browsing my favorite blogs, I went for a long walk with my dogs in the forest. Two horses went past us so I decided to cut directly in the woods instead of following them on the road because Rufio is not nice to horses and I had no leash with me.
A couple of minutes later, while we were in the middle of nowhere, I stood upon such a beauty. There, sitting all alone, was a flowering tree. It’s the only one I ever saw in those woods since we bought the house four years ago. I was really happy that I found him.

We then got on my favorite trail. I love it because it’s all covered in moss and pine needles. When it’s really hot in the summer, it’s still very comfortable on this trail.
Later, I saw a trail that I’ve never seen before so I went to see it and discovered a small pond along with lots of deer tracks. Of course, the dogs went straight into the water…
After that we got back on the right trail, I stopped to watch something or take a picture, I don’t remember, but I looked up for the dogs, Rufio had disappeared. He’s doing that quite often so I just called him and waited…and called him more, and more, and he was not coming back. I started to look around and called him for a good ten minutes, still nothing. Do I need to tell you how nervous I was? We were far from home, more than he never went and I was afraid that I lost him for real this time. A few minutes later, just as I was about to cry (really!) he finally came back. I’ve never been so happy to see him ever! Needless to say that I kept an eye on him for the rest of the walk.
I then got to the barn and did a two hour trail with my horse. He was more nervous than yesterday but he still went where I wanted him to. Which is a good thing because it’s not always that easy with him. All in all, I was pretty impressed with him this weekend. 
And now my boyfriend just got home so I will end this here. I hope you had a great weekend too. Have you done something special?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

  • Archives

  • animal animals a picture a day art baby blogger tips creepy despicable me dogs fail family favorite food forest friday garden gardening home horse house HTML Iphone apps june kevin russ Kirsty Mitchelle minion nature photography pinterest putre-fashion review sponsor tea travel vintage weird work
  • %d bloggers like this: